Thursday, April 20, 2006

Early starts and other questions

Is anyone else getting into the office at 6.00am to try and beat the 15 May deadline?

Is anyone else frustrated in their dealings with the ATO? Or am I the only one?

Is anyone else beginning to hate the letters "GST"? What used to be simple transactions in an income tax sense are now incredibly complex as far as GST goes! I could give a few examples if you like - but I don't want this to feel like work.

Is there anyone else who thinks we are going to see a lot of audit activity surrounding income tax, but probably even more importantly GST, in relation to all the property dealings over the last 5 years?

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Mal

Just thought I would mention that I am a saddo interested in Australian tax law. I have been searching for tax blogs outside of the US, and so far only found yours, one from India and one from Russia.

Anyway, I have linked to your site. If you felt like reciprocating that would be great. I run a 'movers and shakers' blog for the tax market. www.taxgrotto.com

I also have some other sites - www.totallytax.com (which you are welcome to add your blog to - there is a section on global tax blogs) and eTaxJobs.com which is a job board, but we are not that active in Oz as yet.

Anyway, good luck. Sorry I am replying to a specific post but could not find an email address.

cheers

Chris

taxgrotto.com
totallytax.com
eTaxJobs.com